Re: [opensuse] memtest only seeing 48GB out of 64GB?
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 18:48:29 -0500
On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 4:26 PM, Brandon Vincent
<Brandon.Vincent@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 2:15 PM, Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
In theory they are all the same. Corsair Vengeance DDR4.

The PC was a custom build from Fry's Hopefully that didn't do any mix
and match tricks.

Greg, what is the exact model of the motherboard and the BIOS revision
you are on?

It looks like there are a few BIOS updates that add support for 16 GB
DDR4 modules.

Brandon Vincent

The MB is a X99-Deluxe/U3.1

Part No: 90MB0JF1

I've just upgraded the BIOS to 2001, but it hasn't helped. I was at
1801 before.

I also enabled XMP mode in the BIOS. That is supposed to optimize the
speed of the RAM. No change in behavior.

The RAM is Corsair Vengence LPX 16GB.

I just put the "bad" DIMM in D2 (The others are A1, B1, C1).

It still is not seen by the MB. I've tried the "bad" DIMM in all the
x1 slots and now D2. It only works if it is the only DIMM in the MB.

I did "chat" with ASUS support, but they didn't help much and when I
didn't respond for a minute they terminated the chat.

Greg