Re: [opensuse] New to desktop usage of Linux, is OpenSuSE the right distro for this use-case?
* Thierry de Coulon <tcoulon@xxxxxxxxxxx> [12-30-15 04:17]:
On Wednesday 30 December 2015 09.44:43 cagsm wrote:
I recently tried Leap for a desktop machine, but e.g. Firefox would
not play most web video sites, e.g. youtube or similar, sites telling
me my setup was not supported, lacked codecs and stuff. I wonder if
OpenSuSE has some copyright or licensing problems of to offer the
codecs? Or is there a simple way to add all the missing stuff that
maybe OpenSuSE cannot provide due ot legal reasons via other means?
Packman?

What other stuff am I missing with OpenSuSE as to-be desktop user?
Maybe I should stick with Windows or Mac?
Thank you in advance for giving a basic run-down for a Linux desktop noob.

?Troll?

Perhaps, has been a member here since before 2012 according to my mail
archives. Or he doesn't read any of the posts except when he wants to
know something.