Re: [opensuse] New to desktop usage of Linux, is OpenSuSE the right distro for this use-case?
On 12/30/2015 09:44 AM, cagsm wrote:
I recently tried Leap for a desktop machine, but e.g. Firefox would
not play most web video sites, e.g. youtube or similar, sites telling
me my setup was not supported, lacked codecs and stuff. I wonder if
OpenSuSE has some copyright or licensing problems of to offer the
codecs? Or is there a simple way to add all the missing stuff that
maybe OpenSuSE cannot provide due ot legal reasons via other means?
Packman?

What other stuff am I missing with OpenSuSE as to-be desktop user?
Maybe I should stick with Windows or Mac?
Thank you in advance for giving a basic run-down for a Linux desktop noob.

I don't have packman repos enabled - and I'm grateful to that licensing
trouble that it's saving a bit of my life time by hindering me to view
that many of (mostly) dump videos.
Instead, go meet some friends and "have fun" - the openSUSE slogan. ;-)

Who said "not all that could be done should be done"?

Have a nice day,
Berny