Re: [opensuse] New to desktop usage of Linux, is OpenSuSE the right distro for this use-case?
cagsm composed on 2015-12-30 09:44 (UTC+0100):

I recently tried Leap for a desktop machine, but e.g. Firefox would
not play most web video sites, e.g. youtube or similar, sites telling
me my setup was not supported, lacked codecs and stuff. I wonder if
OpenSuSE has some copyright or licensing problems of to offer the
codecs? Or is there a simple way to add all the missing stuff that
maybe OpenSuSE cannot provide due ot legal reasons via other means?
Packman?

What other stuff am I missing with OpenSuSE as to-be desktop user?
Maybe I should stick with Windows or Mac?
Thank you in advance for giving a basic run-down for a Linux desktop noob.

These links explain the legal restrictions and how to deal with them:
https://en.opensuse.org/Restricted_formats
https://software.opensuse.org/codecs
http://opensuse-community.org/

Short answer: