Re: [opensuse] memtest only seeing 48GB out of 64GB?
On 12/29/2015 09:19 PM, James Knott wrote:
On 12/29/2015 09:50 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
I've never played with 64G, so don't know if there are any PAE type
limits that apply, but I've never heard of any that would apply.

PAE was to work around the 4 GB limit of 32 bit addresses. You have to
go a bit more than 64 GB to run out of 64 bit address space.

Yes, I know, many terabytes before 64 bits play out. It was more of a euphemism about a generic limit :)

There are some potential candidates with hardware/chip manufacturers including chips that do not handle a true 64-bits, that could effect the size reporting pipeline, but I have not read of any specific "be on the lookout for..." articles. (not like those fake 64G pen-drives....

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.