Re: [opensuse] boot AMD RAID
On Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 8:23 AM, Xen <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The peculiar thing is that you would think Grub2 also needs to know the raid
layout in order to read its boot files.

BIOS is expected to hide individual disks and expose single RAID
device. But when grub-install runs, it also needs to know that. grub2
recognizes mdadm Intel RAID controllers; SUSE also has patch to detect
mdadm with DDF. If you are using dmraid, you most likely need
/boot/grub2/device.map that declares dmraid device as BIOS disk. I do
not know if YaST creates it automatically (I do not have any system
where I can test it anyway).