Re: [opensuse] On forum meds [was On forum mods]
On 12/27/2015 10:48 PM, listreader wrote:
On Sun, 27 Dec 2015 22:30:07 -0500
Ruben Safir <ruben.safir@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 12/27/2015 10:17 PM, listreader wrote:
On Sun, 27 Dec 2015 21:41:20 -0500
Ruben Safir <ruben.safir@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 12/27/2015 09:17 PM, listreader wrote:
On Sun, 27 Dec 2015 20:03:22 -0500
Ruben Safir <ruben.safir@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Why do I keep misreading the title of this thread as "On forum
meds"?

Disconcerting...

=== snip ===

he Federal Grand Jury is the 4th Branch of Government
by Leo C. Donofrio, J.D.
January 22, 2009

About the Author

Mr. Leo Donofrio is a semi-retired New Jersey attorney who brought a
case in 2008 against the New Jersey secretary of state for allowing
three legally unqualified presidential candidates to be placed on the
general election ballot in that state. This case was reviewed and
dismissed by the Supreme Court of New Jersey, and then was reviewed by

=== whole lotta SNIPs ===

Ok, I'll bite... Ruben, why are you posting all this carp here? This
is not the LIU Law Review, this is opensuse.

Ralph

I'm just following up on Linda posting:

I use that term in quotes, because accused "people of color" are
rarely tried by a similar jury or even a partially similar jury --
especially in some southern states where prosecutors may reject people
of color for being less likely to convict one of their peers and/or
not knowing "white-person's laws".

On top of that, it's also dominated by unemployed, under-employed,
part-time and and some professionals who have employers that continue
to pay their wages while on jury duty. If they are working full time,
and don't get paid while on jury duty, then they can often simply
declare financial hardship.

This presumes the decision is at least reviewed and voted on by
a group of peers -- which in list-bannings is rarely the case.

Anyway, the only "review" in this case is the response of
the other list members ("the peers") as to whether or not they
think it was fair and act accordingly.
<<<<

and she left out Automatic weapons and runaway grand juries of examples
of Citizen rights and actions which are encouraged and permitted to
defend oneself against a tyrannical government.

We have, FWIW, definitely reached the point of a tyrannical government,
thanks to the abuse of technology, as a matter of fact. The idea that
the government might correct itself like it did with the SOPA battle,
remains to be seen.

see:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2012/08/nypd-domain-awareness-system-microsoft-is-watching-you.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/20/nypd-microsoft-domain-awareness-crime-fighting-tech_n_2727506.html