Re: [opensuse] making iso from distribution bootable usb stick
On Sun, Dec 27, 2015 at 4:44 PM, jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
your solution is good, but fail only in one thing: you find the iso size on
the net. Not sure I could do this on the field easily, I would like to have
a permanent solution.

so I dig a bit into your idea.

fdisk -l gives the size of the partition built by the iso.For 13.2 32 bits,
I get:

/dev/sdn1 * 3748 9031679 9027932 4,3G 17 Hidden HPFS/NTFS

There is a little problem with this solution, UEFI-ready ISO image has
two partitions. I do not have DVD drives anywhere any more, but you
could try just creating an iso image little smaller than max DVD size.
Wikipedia says that DVD size is 4,596,992 KiB, giving the dd command
as following, leaving 32 KiB margin for dvd writing apps not to
complain to loud:
dd if=/dev/sdc of=leap.iso bs=8192 count=574620