Re: [opensuse] LibreOffice
On 12/26/2015 01:41 PM, Thierry de Coulon wrote:
What makes you
believe that newer is better? What is there in the new version that you need?

Not exactly sure which of the changes will prove the most helpful.

There were severe problems with positioning images in the 4.x branch. Sometimes
just dragging the image from one page to another would get the anchor trapped
in a page footer, and nothing short of delete and re-add would free it up.

I have a contractual obligation to keep on the same release as one of my
customers as we are working on a collaborative users manual.

Read about the release notes here:
https://www.libreoffice.org/download/release-notes/

4.x is on a slow road to nowhere, 4.4.7 is the final bugfix the 4 branch will
ever get.

LO is not exactly like commercial software, and there seems little reason for
a major release with no changes. So I jump to the conclusion that there is
reason enough to upgrade, and I tend to believe there is even more reason to do
so
when it is not a commercial offering.

Having tried the latest 5 version and opened and reprinted several documents
where
we are (perhaps unwisely) carefully managing the pagination, I see no difference
in the printed output, so I no longer worry about having to re-format my
documents.