Re: [opensuse] what is the technical difference of konqueror vs all other browsers when reproducing mp3 following java script?
On Sat, Dec 26, 2015 at 2:55 PM, <stakanov@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
All pages calling for mp3 reproduction via javascript on my 13.2 doe not work
at all (FF/chromium/Seamonkey).
But Konqueror is reproducing well, (after reinstalling the gstreamer package
and all codec).
What is the difference between the way konqueror handles it.

I would like to repair my sound output. But so far I do not understand where
the problem lies.
If you have any hint to point me to a solution I will be grateful.

No idea about chromium and how its built, try chrome just to check,
its statically built so should demonstrate if the problem is in sound
configuration or media format support.
As for firefox, there are 2 versions of gstreamer for the Leap and
firefox can be built with any of them, try installing fluendo-mp3 and
plugins-libav for both versions of gstreamer just to make sure it is
not a dynamic dependency missing.
And why konqueror works, because as I understand it Konqueror uses
Phonon, which uses your kde4/plasma5 configuration as is, not trying
to discover system capabilities or guess your configuration.