Re: Re: [opensuse] Re: Moderation on mailing list
On Sat, Dec 26, 2015 at 12:09 AM, <stakanov@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If you are reading all this you are interested.
If you are contributing to this thread (even with a quite astonishing comment
"that everyone seems so in love...") then you are by all means
an interested party.

I can only compare it with trying to code something while wife is
watching film in the same room. The only thing I care about in this
case is the noise-to-signal ratio on this particular list for me, if I
should set my filter to mark everything as read as soon as it hits
inbox and not to participate here any more. And right now that ratio
looks very bad, all the "user support" or constructive discussions of
all sorts are effectively stopped.

On the thread in general:
I personally do not think there is a "goal" behind all this. However this is
not the first time that I am witnessing a noteworthy amount of aggressiveness
of both(!) sides of the story.

I did not meant a thread in general, I meant one particular immensely
annoying person, a single person generates enough noise and enough
flame to both drive people away and make this list close to useless.
That, in my opinion, should be more than enough for permanent ban.

As for the philosophical part, I am goal oriented person, as long as
it keeps Leap the perfect distro for me I have absolutely nothing
against banning everyone and anything who or what makes it harder to
achieve this goal. The same story with hiring people, I would better
skip the super-smart but disruptive candidate in favour of simpleton
who can do his job without disrupting the entire team. So neither
comparison with stalin nor with hitler does not touch me, I don't
care.