Re: [opensuse] Re: Moderation on mailing list
  • From: ianseeks <ianseeks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 08:01:45 +0000
Von: Stanislav Baiduzhyi
Gesendet: Fr. 25.12.2015 23:34
An: opensuse ,
Betreff: Re: [opensuse] Re: Moderation on mailing list

On Fri, Dec 25, 2015 at 11:26 PM, Ruben Safir wrote:
God help us all...

I'm reading all of this as uninterested party (no idea who this Carlos
person is that everyone seems so in love with), but I really don't
understand what are you trying to achieve by all this drama,
informational noise and personal attacks? Is there some goal behind
all of that?

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht Ende-----

If you are reading all this you are interested.
If you are contributing to this thread (even with a quite astonishing
comment "that everyone seems so in love...") then you are by all means an
interested party.

On the thread in general:

I personally do not think there is a "goal" behind all this. However this is
not the first time that I am witnessing a noteworthy amount of
aggressiveness of both(!) sides of the story. If a "board" is meant to
solve problems and to lower the amount of conflict then, with all the given
respect, the current board does with evidence fail. I do say this without
evaluating what may be behind the "ban" and without knowledge of the
decisional process that brought us here. But if members of a board speak of
"permanent" bans and to be "thankful" that for now is only a time
limited... You know, if anybody beliefs that whatever permanent ban is
"problem solving" than I would advice to study further the acts of Josef
Stalin. He was knowledgeable for solving dissent in permanent and definite
ways. Very efficient.
For the rest I do not recall that this kind of measures and this kind of
"menaces" would ever had helped to solve or appease a conflict.

Could we come down to earth and be more respectful with each other? This is
addressed to everyone here, not to you or to specific others.

I do not know Carlos personally. I do not agree on all he said or
contributed on the forum. I never felt terribly "disturbed" by anything.

This is the crux of the problem for all of us, we all feel the same way as you
and cannot see any justification for the board to do what they have done.
Nobody on this planet totally agrees with everything anyone else says.

But specifically I do not understand how anybody could speak about
"definitive bans" if s(he) would not be completely foreign to the thought
of what should be a project of public contribution and collaboration. Not
to mention the failure to promote conflict solving. Because a conflict is
never the one of a group and an individual. But of visions and of ways to
communicate with each other.

And here lies, IMO, the noteworthiness and the importance of all this
thread. As it shows how well current "conflict solving" and "inclusion"
goes. And this part needs desperately cure, and with cure I do not mean
"bans". But with respectful communication and mediation.

---