Re: [opensuse] Re: Moderation on mailing list (was: Scan application question: [SOLVED])
Ruben Safir - 15:31 25.12.15 wrote:
On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 08:35:28AM +0000, Richard Brown wrote:
On 23 December 2015 at 07:30, Oliver Kurz <okurz@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wednesday 23 December 2015 16:56:23 Basil Chupin wrote:
On 23/12/15 13:42, Felix Miata wrote:
David C. Rankin composed on 2015-12-22 20:01 (UTC-0600):
Carlos banned... really... What kind of numbskull would ban Carlos?

Had this thread a proper topic, Carlos would probably provide a private
answer. He might anyway, at least if you ask him. It will surprise me
if
Richard Brown does not provide an answer once he awakens to find this
thread.
Oh I am sure that he certainly will respond, and we all await that with
bated breaths :-) .

… or maybe not as you just try to lure him into dangerous waters ;-)

Actually I will, but I'll try my best to keep it short and sweet :)

Yes, Carlos is currently banned from posting on any openSUSE
mailinglists or Forum.

The reason for this was an ongoing pattern of behaviour which can only
be described as 'disruptive', including disparagement/disrespect of
other contributors and their contributions, excessive
'content-light/noise making' posts on development lists and personal
attacks.

This is BULLSHIT. Carlos doesn't need this list, but this list needs Carlos.

You can write about this for days and it won't matter. I've had
disagreements
up and down this mailing list, and with Carlos, but it would NEVER cross my
mind
to shut down the most helpful, and accurate poster on the list.

This comes down to a single item point, which is that someones ego has been
unecessarly frayed.

Fuck it.

I will ignore the part where you are ignoring explanations, but would
remind you to mind your language.