Re: [opensuse] Re: Moderation on mailing list
On Fri, Dec 25, 2015 at 09:28:24PM +1100, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 25/12/15 07:20, John Andersen wrote:
On 12/24/2015 12:01 PM, stakanov@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
As Carlos never caused me any harm and helped me on several occasions I
would also second his reinstatement
at the first possible occasion.
This would allow him to continue his useful contribution. And if such a
measure (ban) wants to be useful, it can only be it
through its very time limitless.
Isn't it? Otherwise we would send all people sooner or later for "renewal"
as in 1976's "Logan's run".
Immediate reinstatement would be my vote. Nothing less.

Further, to remove _the most disruptive member of this list_, I suggest Mr
Brown serve the
rest of Carlos's sentence and be banned from the lists (all of them) till
mid February.

What the hell is the Board doing policing a "Community List" anyway, other
than
putting the lie to the claim that Opensuse is a "community distro"? We all
know
how to run a plonk file, we don't need any self appointed nanny to do it
for us.

Just a heads-up re this matter.

Richard posted his response in this forum with copy going to the Board.
When I posted my response I sent it to *ALL* which meant that a copy
went to the Board.

If people want Carlos re-instated then may I suggest that a copy of the
comments posted here be sent to the Board so that they are aware of the
situation.

This is not an issue of wanting Carlos back or not as much as evluation of the
creditibility
and effectiviness of the management of this list. To ban your most important
and beloved asset
of a mailing list because of hurt feelings is STUPID.

You just don't do things like this and the Board needs to make a public agology
to the user base.

Why would Carlos come back? He can switch to Arch and new lose a beat.

Ruben

BC

--
Using openSUSE 13.2, KDE 4.14.9 & kernel 4.3.3-2 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor

http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!
http://www.brooklyn-living.com