Re: [opensuse] Re: Moderation on mailing list (was: Scan application question: [SOLVED])
On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 08:35:28AM +0000, Richard Brown wrote:
On 23 December 2015 at 07:30, Oliver Kurz <okurz@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wednesday 23 December 2015 16:56:23 Basil Chupin wrote:
On 23/12/15 13:42, Felix Miata wrote:
David C. Rankin composed on 2015-12-22 20:01 (UTC-0600):
Carlos banned... really... What kind of numbskull would ban Carlos?

Had this thread a proper topic, Carlos would probably provide a private
answer. He might anyway, at least if you ask him. It will surprise me if
Richard Brown does not provide an answer once he awakens to find this
thread.
Oh I am sure that he certainly will respond, and we all await that with
bated breaths :-) .

… or maybe not as you just try to lure him into dangerous waters ;-)

Actually I will, but I'll try my best to keep it short and sweet :)

Yes, Carlos is currently banned from posting on any openSUSE
mailinglists or Forum.

The reason for this was an ongoing pattern of behaviour which can only
be described as 'disruptive', including disparagement/disrespect of
other contributors and their contributions, excessive
'content-light/noise making' posts on development lists and personal
attacks.

This is BULLSHIT. Carlos doesn't need this list, but this list needs Carlos.

You can write about this for days and it won't matter. I've had disagreements
up and down this mailing list, and with Carlos, but it would NEVER cross my mind
to shut down the most helpful, and accurate poster on the list.

This comes down to a single item point, which is that someones ego has been
unecessarly frayed.

Fuck it.

Check your ego at the door. There is only one right thing to do in this case
which is to make a public agology to Carlos and reinstate him...

and then hope he returns.

The trigger for the ban was a personal attack against me,

I have news for you. If you the the trigger for banning Carlos, you need to
go.

You did a disservice the the world wide SuSE community. I hope your proud of
that....

.... I have other things to say mubling under my breadth but I will hold my
tounge.

Ruben