Re: [opensuse] Have I been hacked or "visited"? seccheck and rkhunter outputs
On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 3:11 PM, John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I egress filter email ports, and a few similar things at the firewall, but
when your
users are talking to big-mailers (google, yahoo, microsoft) it becomes almost
impossible
to keep a list of valid destinations up to date. Connection addresses end up
being pools
any you never know what IP the next connection is going to.

Lots of places simply don't let "workstations" make outbound
connections to random SMTP servers.

Verizon for one doesn't allow port 25 traffic in either direction for
home users.

I don't know if most companies allow random outbound POP/IMAP connections.

I can imagine that a lot of companies block those too. Users are
forced to use the corporate email server.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer
www.IntelligentAvatar.net