Re: [opensuse] OpenSuse related, but may be a bit off topic
The IOGEAR product referenced in your link is the one that I purchased. When I called IOGEAR tech support, they said that the transmission is one way, that there is no feedback from the monitor to the source. So I sorta gave up:-( The HDMI cable I am using to the transmitter is the same one that I used to drive the monitor directly, and it worked perfectly. All I did was remove the HDMI plug from the monitor, plug it into the IOGEAR transmitter, and use the cable supplied by IOGEAR from the receiver to the monitor. Transmitter and receiver were positioned about one foot apart during this test. I also tried Windows, and it did offer a second screen to configure either.

Does a standard HDMI device, such as a Blu-ray player, require feedback from the monitor? I do not have a Blu-ray player handy so have not tried to see if this works. I know that there is two way communication between some devices to allow control of power on/off.

Does anybody know of somebody using one of these?

Thanks,
Don