[opensuse] OpenSuse related, but may be a bit off topic
I have a computer facility (2 laptops) on one side of my room and my desk is on the other. I would like to be able to transmit the HDMI video from the computers to the screen on my desk wirelessly. I purchased an IOGEAR wireless HDMI transmitter hoping it would solve this problem. But the IOGEAR system does not tell the computer driver what type of display is connected to it. Neither Windows or Linux systems will recognize that there is an external display on the HDMI port. Both system are currently set to mirror the laptop's screen. My laptop is an Alienware 18 and all works perfectly if the HDMI cable is connected directly to the ACER HDMI monitor.

Does anyone have an idea on how to force the driver to assume an HDMI connection? Or any other solution? I had assumed that the IOGEAR HDMI transmission was 2 way, like that on my laptop, my mistake. Only the IR blaster part of their system communicates back to the source.

Just hoping for an idea.

Don