Re: [opensuse] Scan application question: [SOLVED]
Le 19/12/2015 11:49, stakanov@xxxxxxxxxx a écrit :
So, I had also a closer look to Vuescan an was.....more than
perplex. Anybody doing serious work in scanning....WHY would he
choose ever a program like this if he is using Linux? Right, he
won't.

sure they do :-)

This is a program that IMO is purely free-riding on the work of
others as they do not bring anything to SANE.

it existed before sane :-)

The do not
even have proprietary driver for the models not supported by sane.

for some but not all

They do for what I see just cream skimming.

So: if I have to buy such a program I take a 20 Euro license of XP or
win 7, make sure it has any internet access but for the registration
and then I would use it in a KVM. And of course, as said it would be
Omnipage.

piracy?I don't think any windows scanner program have personal driver (windows drivers are easy to find)

VueScan is not a driver application, but a scanning program. It's not visually excellent, but achieve excellent efficiency

of course if xsane and the like is goo for you, no problem

jdd