Re: [opensuse] Scan application question: [SOLVED]
On Saturday 19 December 2015 11.49:43 stakanov@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
So,
I had also a closer look to Vuescan an was.....more than perplex.
Anybody doing serious work in scanning....WHY would he choose ever a
program like this if he is using Linux? Right, he won't.
(...)
Just my opinion.
YMMV.

Actually, although their site says my scanner is supported, it works very
eraticaly with Vuescan - while it works very well with gscan2pdf. No
explanation.

I'd guess they make their money selling to Windows and Mac users, and
wee "nice enough" to provide a Linux version.

Xsane and gscan2pdf do the job better and for free, IMHO

Thierry