RE: Re: [opensuse] Scan application question: [SOLVED]
So,
I had also a closer look to Vuescan an was.....more than perplex.
Anybody doing serious work in scanning....WHY would he choose ever a program
like this if he is using Linux?
Right, he won't.
This is a program that IMO is purely free-riding on the work of others as they
do not bring anything to SANE. The do not
even have proprietary driver for the models not supported by sane.
They do for what I see just cream skimming.

So: if I have to buy such a program I take a 20 Euro license of XP or win 7,
make sure it has any internet access but for the registration and then I would
use it in a KVM. And of course, as said it would be Omnipage.

If one day there will be a program on payment that offers me to use the
hardware that I cannot use with SANE or better that can show it actively
contributes to SANE then welcome. You maybe get what you pay for but you have
to deliver if you wanna be paid.
I see already too many people not paying the bus (fig. in the internet) with a
"superior smile" to prime this kind of behavior.

Just my opinion.
YMMV.

Thanks again for the input about KDE that did confirm me: we do not have a
working alternative in KDE for scanning. At least nothing serious. A pity.

---