[opensuse] Scan application question:
I would like to scan a book of mine.
The only scan application I did find in leap is skanlite (seems to be an
incomplete beta version that can only produce png or image files and can do
only one page per document.
That brings the problem to know if there is a working application out there for
linux that is capable to make pdf multiple page docs without OCR (I am modest
as the text is mixed
Chinese, English and Japanese, so a bit too much for ocr) for leap.

Is there? 600 dpi would be nice (colour) or 300 dpi minimum.

Besides:
H have tried to use my scanner with a USB hub in leap. On the same hub I have
running without problem a dvb-t and a tablet of wacom.
But with the scanner all apps crash immediately with the following error
message (if run from console):
scangui
Bus::open: Can not get ibus-daemon's address.
IBusInputContext::createInputContext: no connection to ibus-daemon

currently I just get a black output after thsi message.
Before I got a crash and an error message. I saved the output form console but
the save did give an empty document so the occasion seams gone.
If I branch to the controller directly all works. I recall it complained about
a dbus problem.
On the hut all other peripheral work.

Any idea?

---