Re: [opensuse] Systemtray Icons in plasma 5?
Am 14.12.2015 um 12:06 schrieb Gustav Degreef:
On 12/14/2015 11:28 AM, Benjamin wrote:
Am 14.12.2015 um 10:27 schrieb Gustav Degreef:
On 12/13/2015 08:27 PM, Benjamin wrote:
Ahh sorry forgot to mention some specs:
was a fresh install of 42.1 Leap
KDE: 5.4.3
Qt: 5.5.0
Kernel: 4.3.0-2-default
64bit
Best, Benjamin!

Am 13.12.2015 um 19:33 schrieb Gustav Degreef:
On 12/13/2015 12:12 PM, Benjamin wrote:
Hi everyone!
I do have some troubles with regard to plasma 5 and the systray
icons:
Thunderbird, Firefox, Tomboy and other progs are not showing up
anymore in the systray.
snip
Thanks for the info gustav (and sorry for sendig you a privat
mail…was a mistake).
…No it was a fresh install of 42.1. Leap

No problem, let's see if I can help clarify the issue a bit further.
If you have an optimus laptop, you have 2 graphic chipsets; I assume one
Intel and the other nVidia. With optius hardware ALL of the graphical
output first goes through the intel (on board) chip, and then, if you
have the drivers set up properly it goes through the nvidia card. In
opensuse, the only way (as far as I have been able to determine) to get
the nvidia card to work is by using Bumblebee - with either the nVidia
driver or with the nouveau driver. Without Bumblebee, the nVidia card
is not being accessed, so only your primary (intel?) card is providing
graphical output after your initial install.

1. Have you determined which specific graphic chipsets your machine has?
2. Did you install Bumblebee?
3. Did you ever have a functional Desktop with Leap? That is where the
icons were showing up?
4. How did your system function right after the fresh install, before
you did anything else?
Gustav.

thanks for the reply!
Actually my Desktop is running smoothly with the bumblebee setup, where I normally use the intel 5000 chipset of my laptop the nvidia card is switched of by the bumblebee by default. So there seems to me no problem with regard graphics…Only the Icons of (i think but i am not sure) an older gtk/qt version are not showing up in the systemtray. For exapmle of tomboy, thunderbird or firefoy....Newert Systemtray icons (clementine, owncloud) are showing up. Do you think that has to do with the graphical setup?

Thanks, Benjamin.