RE: Re: [opensuse] Leap: strange problem with SWAP bloating
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 12:42:48 +0100
stakanov@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Andrei Borzenkov
Gesendet: Mo. 14.12.2015 11:23
An: opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [opensuse] Leap: strange problem with SWAP bloating

How do you measure RAM usage?

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht Ende----
Generally I use the plasmoid to monitor it.
I began to use it because of the behavior of the machine and then
found out, when it happened, that the swap was bloating.

But also from the cli.
Probelm is, that, when this happens, konsole often does not start up
anymore and one hat to alt+ctrl+F1 to a tty and then do it from
there.....as long as the machine does not freeze. Sometimes when it
locks up, then even this trick does not help anymore.

Can you ssh to the machine still at this point? That might help you
diagnose the problem.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (1.9°C)