Re: [opensuse] "no valid journal superlock found" on mkfs & mount ext4
Le 11/12/2015 20:23, Anton Aylward a écrit :

Of course I tested with dd, quite obviously, and that seemed to verify
that all 128G is writeable with no hiccups.

I have three (3) chinese 128Gb pen drvies that are fakes of 8 Gg... some of then broke in a matter of minutes. (all where refunded)

the test is simple: write as many 1Gb files as possible, with they order number in them, then read them back. If the drive is a fake, the same files come regularly at read time. No nead to be root, works on mounted drive.

http://oss.digirati.com.br/f3/

I did not test fake drives for extX

they all are supposed to be USB3, but I have one that works only as usb2 (write on usb3 mode crashes openSUSE), a other one, bough from amazon works, but deadly slow even with usb3...

of course, none pf then are expensive ones

jdd