Re: [opensuse] "no valid journal superlock found" on mkfs & mount ext4
On 12/11/2015 11:46 AM, Florian Gleixner wrote:
Are you sure you don't have a fake usb stick? A common problem are usb
sticks that only have a fraction of the printed capacity.If you reach
the end of the storage device, you get redirected to the beginning.
badblks is happy with it, but filesystems are not.

And how would I go about determining that?
The mkfs seem to write superblocks well into the device.
That write doesn't fail.

I've tried rate-limiting rsync to 100kb/s as it writes to the device and
that ameliorates things. Yes it blows up, then I restart it and it
continues on from that point. So its not that this is a 64M device,
since the first break was ay 90M use on a reiserfs formatted drive, nor
at the 128M point since it sailed past that to

perhaps it doesn't like something in ~/.config/google-chrome ?

Anyway, luckyBackup goes just so far then the rsync task thrown an
IOerror about which it says very little.