RE: Re: [opensuse] What is the procedure to create a new install of OpenSuse on a new SSD, and preserve the data on the existing drive?

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Anton Aylward
Gesendet: Do. 10.12.2015 14:50
An: opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [opensuse] What is the procedure to create a new install of
OpenSuse on a new SSD, and preserve the data on the existing drive?

On 12/10/2015 08:24 AM, Anton Aylward wrote:
There no documentation about the "what to do if things go wrong", and so
far my searches on the net have not turned up an answer.
Just one damned thing after another!

For example, this unhelpful error in the logs, along with nothing else
except the start/finish boilerplate

rsync error: syntax or usage error
(code 1) at main.c(855) [Receiver=3.1.0]

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht Ende-----

In 13.2? Weird, I never had problems. Other versions (i.e. the unstable one for
Leap right now) has some regression.
So that was the point when Anton jumped up, did spit in his hand and filed the
errors he found in high quality bug reports?
Just to ask, no pun intended.

If nobody tells, it will not become any better I fear.
BTW, the important point to me was: do a backup of your data. That is what the
O.P. should have retained. The rest is personal choice.

---