Re: [opensuse] Winsafe filenames (was Re: How does one encode CDs to mp3 format?)
Linda Walsh schreef op 04-12-2015 17:46:
Xen wrote:
One thing to be aware of is that if you select "Use Windows-safe filenames" then you won't be able to use [] characters in your filename patterns.
---
Since when? I see [...] used in Winsafe filenames all the time.

It was a mistake in the program, sweety.

I knew [] were safe in Win file names, which is why I was so disgruntled to see my [] converted to () all the time and I couldn't find out why. Until the author pointed me to that option.

The only banned chars have been:

Yarr. You're cool.

Cf:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa365247(v=vs.85).aspx