Re: [opensuse] How does one encode CDs to mp3 format?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2015 08:56:41 +0100
don fisher wrote:

Hello,

I have a previous post about grip which is not supported. It used an
mp3 encoder, I think the mp3 package was lame. None of these files
appear in openSuse. I was able to get grip from an online source, but
it does not function correctly. No playback, and no ripping with an
"invalid rip executable" message, even though I think I have chosen
the internal one.

Is there a application that will generate mp3 files as I used to? K3b
generated .ogg files. Can .ogg files be used interchangeably with mp3
formates files?

k3b will also rip to mp3. That's what I use because it's what my car
accepts.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (1.9°C)