Re: [opensuse] How does one encode CDs to mp3 format?

On 12/03/2015 08:51 PM, John Andersen wrote:
On 12/03/2015 05:09 PM, Doug wrote:

On 12/03/2015 05:49 PM, John Andersen wrote:
On 12/03/2015 02:33 PM, don fisher wrote:
Is there a application that will generate mp3 files as I used to? K3b generated
.ogg files. Can .ogg
files be used interchangeably with mp3 formates files?
You need to play around with it before rushing to post.
K3B will rip to any format for which you have plug ins installed.

/snip/
I'd like to be able to create CDs that will play on a
regular hi-fi CD player.
Isn't that what you started with? Actual CDs?

No, I'm starting with raw audio on cassette tape.

--doug

Some hi-fis (and most car systems) will play mp3 CDs.

(Just drag them all to a directory with Dolphin and use K3b
to burn that directory to a CD).

If your hi-fi won't play Mp3s, just copy the files off of music CDs
with Dolphin (They are .wav files) and drop them into a directory in
the order you want, and burn that with k3b.

While you are doing that you will notice that notice that Dolphin
shows you the CD contents in many different formats, most of which
it creates for you on the fly. An audio CD only really contains .wav files.