[opensuse] How does one encode CDs to mp3 format?
Hello,

I have a previous post about grip which is not supported. It used an mp3 encoder, I think the mp3 package was lame. None of these files appear in openSuse. I was able to get grip from an online source, but it does not function correctly. No playback, and no ripping with an "invalid rip executable" message, even though I think I have chosen the internal one.

Is there a application that will generate mp3 files as I used to? K3b generated .ogg files. Can .ogg files be used interchangeably with mp3 formates files?

Don