Re: [opensuse] CD ripping tool
On 12/03/2015 12:59 PM, don fisher wrote:
On 12/03/2015 01:32 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
don fisher wrote:

The ripping tool I used previously is no longer being maintained by
the author. I was hopping for suggestions on ripping tools that can be
initiated from the command line. Many of the CDs I previously had made
digital copies of have been lost. All of my Bach:-(

I use k3b.

Does k3b also play CD's so one can review them as you rip? I did not see this
option.

Thanks
Don

Typically not. It rips at faster than playback speed unless you force it not
to.
It will typically rip a cd of music is just a few minutes. It will even rip
more than
one track in parallel if your machine has the processors to do so.

Not much point in "reviewing" them as you rip, its not like you have to suddenly
take control to fix anything. If you don't like the track you can delete it
later.