[opensuse] 13.1 - why is #include <gdk/gdkkeysyms.h> explicitly required for GDK_KEY_s keyvals? bug?
All,

Adding accelerators to a project, I find in 13.1 I must explicitly include:

#include <gdk/gdkkeysyms.h>

for the build to recognize simple key values (e.g. GDK_KEY_s for "s" ) The keyval is a simple define in the header, e.g.:

#define GDK_KEY_s 0x073

What I can find is documentation telling me I need to include:

#include <gtk/gtk.h>

see specifically https://developer.gnome.org/gtk2/stable/GtkAccelLabel.html, but I find *nothing* telling me I need to specifically include <gdk/gdkkeysyms.h>. In fact the example cited with the link above specifies including <gtk/gtk.h> to make use of the keyval "GDK_s" (compatibility keyval for GDK_KEY_s contained in <gdk/gdkkeysyms-compat.h> included by <gdk/gdkkeysyms.h>)

So is this a header bug or is this a documentation bug?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.