Re: [opensuse] Logging in as root an Leap
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger.oberholtzer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 19:58:08 +0100
On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 5:01 PM, jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

isn't that the use of YaST?

Adding users? Yep. But you have to be able to log in to use it. If you
do not add a user when the system is installed, and root is not able
to log in, I would guess that the KDM login would not be very useful.

So, for the uninitiated GUI user, getting to a virtual terminal and
logging in is often problematic. I know this from experience with some
of our users. Could they learn to use the character login. Of course.
They are not stupid. But when we say they must use the character login
for something, all we hear is: why did you do all this in Linux? It is
the concept that seems to irk them.

Rock and a hard place, I guess.

--
Roger Oberholtzer