Re: [opensuse] Logging in as root an Leap
  • From: ianseeks <ianseeks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2015 16:23:43 +0000
On Tuesday 01 Dec 2015 16:32:27 Koenraad Lelong wrote:
Op 01-12-15 om 16:00 schreef ianseeks:
On Tuesday 01 Dec 2015 09:53:27 Koenraad Lelong wrote:
Hi,

Is it possible to log in as root just after booting ? I only get my
non-root user as a possible user.
On OS13.2 and before there was a possibility to type the username. Now
it seems you can only graphically select users, and root is not
available (that I know of).

Thanks,

Koenraad.

If you are using "kdm", you can configure it through the systems setting
"system administration/Login Screen", by default its configured to be
excluded. "ssdm" doesn't give you that option at all

Hi,

I'm sorry to have caused such a hubub ;-).
The reason to log in as root is that as a regular user I lost my taskbar
on the LVDS screen of my laptop. I wanted to log in as root and make
another user to see what differs from the original user.
In the mean time I know how to get the taskbar back. Maybe not orthodox,
but it works : I attached my VGA monitor, deleted the old taksbar (fixed
on the VGA-screen) and created a new one on the LVDS screen.

Thanks anyway,

Koenraad.

Thats ok but if you want to include a root user on your graphical login, kdm
is probably better to use