Re: [opensuse] Logging in as root an Leap
Le 01/12/2015 16:49, Roger Oberholtzer a écrit :

We have root as a GUI login in OEM images we make via KIWI. After the
system is installed from our OEM image, our current software is added.
But this is not as part of the OEM install because the OEM images are
rather long-tern, while our software is more frequently updated. So we
keep these two activities separate. Our software puts things in
/etc/skel that we want all users to get. So we would like the user to
be made after our software is added. Having our users log in
non-graphically as root ("What's a virtual terminal?") and run a
command line is not safer than letting them have a GUI login. At least
in the GUI they have some idea what is going on. Not so the command
line. Such is the state of many Linux users today. We asked for a
Linux desktop. Now we have one. Most users want to forget the command
line. (Not me. But I am strange in these parts...)

isn't that the use of YaST?

jdd