Re: [opensuse] Logging in as root an Leap
Le 01/12/2015 16:32, Koenraad Lelong a écrit :

I'm sorry to have caused such a hubub ;-).

no problem...

The reason to log in as root is that as a regular user I lost my taskbar
on the LVDS screen of my laptop. I wanted to log in as root and make
another user to see what differs from the original user.

but you don"t have to do so. Use YaST / users. If you has said this in the first place we should have given the right info :-)

In the mean time I know how to get the taskbar back. Maybe not orthodox,
but it works : I attached my VGA monitor, deleted the old taksbar (fixed
on the VGA-screen) and created a new one on the LVDS screen.

this external monitor problem is interesting. At least after a reboot, if the external is no more attached, the primary display should be the LCD one.

the solution I wrote (remove ./local/share/kscreen) should work. No need to be root, it's the user .local that is impacted

It worked last saturday :-)

jdd