Re: [opensuse] Logging in as root an Leap
On 12/01/2015 08:29 AM, Carl Hartung wrote:
I think you're being way too subtle here, Anton. Running a DE as root
is strongly discouraged because any simple error, human or otherwise,
has the potential to completely destroy an installation.

Yes, you are right, but I did not think that screaming

! ! ! ! DON'T LOG IN AS ROOT ! ! ! !

would be particularly helpful.
Neither, I'm sad to say, is using sudo since it takes too much specific
configuring.
People *will* end up using a toot shell, either by login or by running
su. They just need to destroy their system a couple of times or do
other catastrophic and potentially unrecoverable things so as to make
themselves aware of the consequence and taking more care next time.

Is that un-subtle enough for you?