Re: [opensuse] Signing PDFs
On 08/06/2015 01:21 PM, John Andersen wrote:
How many pages actually have to be signed? One? usually. Not that big of a
deal.

The issue isn't printing it. The issue isn't wasting paper.

If I can download the form electronically from a web site in digital format;

if I can cut and paste a signature image onto it;

if I can generate/obtain an electronic certificate/proof of ID for
electronically signing or certifying documents/email

why can't I submit this electronically?

Why do I have to use a technology nearly 175 years old, that pre-dates
even Bell's telephone, never mind the Internet.
http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2014/11/shockingly-old-history-fax-machine/

Why do I have to use technology that has no means of proving who the
sender is, the validity of the message, even though the import of the
message may have far reaching consequences?

Why do I have to do this when secure means with better identification
and authentication mechanisms exist?