Re: [opensuse] Tumbleweed problem with thunderbird --> SOLVED
Am 04.08.2015 um 21:26 schrieb Anton Aylward:
On 08/04/2015 03:15 PM, Wilhelm Köpper wrote:
Here is the crash report:

Add-ons:
Well one thing you could do is disable all the add-ons.
They can often be the source of a problem, especially after an upgrade.

To start in safe mode:

$ thunderbird -safe-mode

You can then use the GUI to disable the add-ons.
Then try restarting with each in turn to see which is the critical one.
that's it, thanks a lot, Anton!
It was TrackerBird 1.4.0 causing thunderbirds crash. Now that I have deactivated it everything works fine.
The idea that an addon could have caused the crash did not come to me because I never installed any addon. This TrackerBird must have been installed by default in the previous version and I am really wondering: As far as I remember thunderbird checks the compatibility of all addons after an update.

This will very likely be a problem for many others upgrading.

--Wilhelm