Re: [opensuse] mouse gets powered down when on battery
On 08/04/2015 07:08 AM, Stanislav Baiduzhyi wrote:
I'm on openSUSE 13.2, the issue is the same for both plasma5 and kde4.
I furiously hate touchpads, so taking mouse everywhere and configured
plasma5 to disable touchpad when mouse is present. However, when I'm
on battery the mouse gets disabled after 2-3 seconds of inactivity. To
enable it again I have to click with either button, but it does not
respond to move or wheel.

I remember couple of years ago I've already had that issue and had to
change something in udev rules to leave mouse work even on battery.
But maybe that should be the default behaviour?

I wonder if it is the mouse, or the USB/Bluetooth port that is getting shut
down.
Is it a mouse with batteries (wireless)? Maybe those are getting low and the
mouse itself is into
energy saving mode.

Anyway, it might help us to know the type of mouse, what type of connection.