Re: [opensuse] Re: Title hijacking
On 08/04/2015 05:00 AM, David T-G wrote:
Ottavio, et al --

...and then Ottavio Caruso said...
%
% On 3 August 2015 at 21:59, Joachim Schrod <jschrod@xxxxxxx> wrote:
% > Why did he break it? Message-IDs and References were OK, no
% > threading was interrupted. Changing a subject doesn't break any
% > thread, not at all?
% >
% > Or, is your MUA threading based on subjects?
%
% Yes, it is.
%
% But this is not the point. I'm an old fart and when I was on mailing
% lists this behaviour would have attracted criticism.
[snip]

An old fart would know that Subject:-line-based threading would have
attracted criticism both then and now :-)

Indeed.
If this list were to work with Subject:-line based threading all I would
need to do would be to change the subject line to something from a
message of long, long ago and PRESTO! its resurrected.

What utter balderdash!

And heck, some subject lines such as "members poll" get re-used over
the years for quite different matters.

If I need to read by subject line regardless of thread I can set up a
query to sort like that.