Re: [opensuse] Re: Another example of deliberate systemd supporters deliberately sabotaging previously working software...
On Mon, Aug 03, 2015 at 11:40:45AM -0700, Linda Walsh wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2015-08-03 13:05, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
On Sat, Aug 1, 2015 at 4:52 AM, Linda Walsh <> wrote:

This is standard RPM behavior - if file did not change, there is
nothing to preserve.

I believe an rpm update does not backup scripts, only configuration
files. Ie, local customizations. And not all customization: changes in
scripts are lost.
---
It's anything that is marked as a config file in the rpm.

I suppose it is possible that files in 'sysconfig' might
not be considered config files...oh I forgot... I also
keep many directories in '/etc', in RCS because I often
make changes to those files -- want to preserve the suse
originals as well as my changes.

The /etc/sysconfig/files are changed by the fillup framework,
using templates in /var/adm/fillup-templates/sysconfig.*

The fillup framework is however careful not to break anything.

Ciao, Marcus