Re: [opensuse] Another example of deliberate system? supporters deliberately sabotaging previously working software...
On 08/03/2015 07:03 PM, Chris Murphy wrote:
I am frustrating by lack of standardization in Linux distributions
too. How many times have I gone on my own not so mini rant about
booting non-standardization among distros and upstream GRUB, etc. etc.
in the short time I've been on this list? If anything systemd helps
standardization as it matures.

There is standardization in Linux.
Its like the standardization in automobiles.

Q: Apart from Ford what other can manufacturers have wheels
that have 4 bolts/lugs rather than five?

Q: what *American* car manufacturer uses metric bolts?

and conversely

Q: What European car manufacturer does NOT use metric bolts.

Q: Of the vendors who mount car wheels with 5 bolts/lugs
a) do they all use the same spacing?
b) do they all have the same thread on the bolts/lugs?

Q: Do automatic gear boxes have the same ratio spacing between
gears as manual gear boxes?

In fact ..

Q: Do all automatic gear boxes, even from the same manufacturer,
have the same spacing between ears?

"Standardization"? PAH!