Re: [opensuse] Another example of deliberate system? supporters deliberately sabotaging previously working software...
  • From: Chris Murphy <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2015 16:00:50 -0600
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse/2015-08/msg00043.html 7.4kb

OK I see. Well if we compare it to my emails, this one is short and
not a tirade. I'm skeptical this word gets used just as often in the
same situation with men, so my position is that it's best set aside.
Linda used the word rant elsewhere so I think it's fine to say that.

Anyway, the clear part is frustration has boiled over. That's good
motivation. But what I'm missing is the connection to systemd. It's
not necessary but if someone wants to school the clueless guy:

Did /etc/sysconfig/sendmail have user comments that were stepped on
when the file was replaced with an update? Or were these comments in
the original and just removed in the updated?

rpmnew and rpmsave predate the systemd stuff so I don't see the
relevance, but then I'm also not seeing what was removed. I'd say any
user facing configuration file should use either rpmnew or rpmsave
method, rather than flat out obliterating the user config.

--
Chris Murphy