Re: [opensuse] Re: Title hijacking
Ottavio Caruso writes:
On 3 August 2015 at 21:59, Joachim Schrod <jschrod@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Why did he break it? Message-IDs and References were OK, no
threading was interrupted. Changing a subject doesn't break any
thread, not at all?

Or, is your MUA threading based on subjects?

Yes, it is.

Then I recommend to get a better MUA, no offence meant. Threading
based on message ids was introduced decades ago. Your critic
concerning non-UTF-8-able MUAs shows that you're up to current
technology, time to take that other leap, too. :-) :-)

I'm an old fart

Well, Google still finds stuff from me that's from the mid-80s (I'm
active in the TeX developer community since 1982), don't know if you
mean that by "being an old fart". If yes, let me, as an old fart, tell
you other old fart that changing subjects within a thread is quite
normal on most mailing lists and newsgroups I have participated in the
last 30+ years, but hijacking threads via message-id/references re-use
is frowned upon.

My 0.02 EUR,

Joachim