Re: [opensuse] Another example of deliberate systemð supporters deliberately sabotaging previously working software...
В Mon, 3 Aug 2015 12:33:56 -0600
Chris Murphy <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> пишет:

Actually it is exactly what CoW is. It is btrfs which is not CoW - more
appropriate name is "redirect on write" or "write anywhere" (which is
how oldest implementation is called).

There is no "copy" involved in btrfs write process.

COW semantically means deduplication,

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means
just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less."

Please, please - CoW snapshot means - before new data is WRITTEN,
original data is COPIED somewhere else. CoW snapshots have absolutely
nothing to do with deduplication and existed long before deduplication
started to be used in storage world.