Re: [opensuse] Another example of deliberate systemð supporters deliberately sabotaging previously working software...
On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 12:17 PM, Linda Walsh <suse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Never said it was -- said sd supporters... taking out the knowledge
and/or means for people to do things the pre-sd way, isn't necessary
to convert to system -- only to remove the ability to do it any other way.

If you mean compatibility with sysvinit scripts, then even before this
page was written up it was expected the effort to maintain it was
going to be dropped on the systemd side; which would presumably leave
it up to distros if they wanted to maintain such compatibility (which
is the case to a great degree on CentOS 7).

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/Incompatibilities/

I think in 25 years when there is a new wizbang replacement for
systemd, there will be ranting for the good old days of systemd and
how it's appalling and wrong that backward compatibility not be
maintained. I might be a complainer for all I know.

--
Chris Murphy