Re: [opensuse] Another example of deliberate systemð supporters deliberately sabotaging previously working software...
Anton Aylward wrote:
On 08/03/2015 09:36 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2015-08-03 15:15, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 3:39 PM, Carlos E. R. <> wrote:
I understood it so that reference to update directory was
commented out in /etc/sysconfig/sendmail and Linda complained that
previous version of /etc/sysconfig file was not preserved.
I believe they never are. Perhaps they should.

Perhaps if she was using that other radically new, innovative things
that has taken almost as much abuse and derision as systemd: BtrFS and
snapshots, it would have been preserved.

Oh, wait! Doesn't she advocate XFS?
Can't that do snapshots like BtrFS, like ext4?
---
my HOME partition is xfs and ... and, well, until some breakage happened that I haven't had time to track down occurred.... had daily
snapshots.

As far as going back to previously working copies...
I had a file that disappeared 3 months ago... So I restored it from backups. BtrFS seems to be causing disk full crashes within
weeks to days with some people -- and now you want me to believe I could have restored it from a 3mo-old backup?

Well, OK, perhaps not as smooth and well integrated as BtrFS ....
---
As for the file not being preserved -- that was on my active
file system -- none of the several root+usr+var backups were affected.