Re: [opensuse] Another example of deliberate systemð supporters deliberately sabotaging previously working software...
Carlos E. R. wrote:

Resending because of "moderation" with altered subject line.
Apparently, Andrei messages are not delayed for moderation, but mine
are :-/

On 2015-08-03 13:05, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
On Sat, Aug 1, 2015 at 4:52 AM, Linda Walsh <> wrote:

This is standard RPM behavior - if file did not change, there is nothing to preserve.
----
"my comments" about what command I might use to do these functions
manually were deleted.

How is that not a change?

I believe an rpm update does not backup scripts, only configuration
files. Ie, local customizations. And not all customization: changes in
scripts are lost.
----
/etc/sysconfig/sendmail is a config file -- it is also sourced by
scripts.

On the other hand, quite often in updates I have to compare both the
old (saved by rpm command) and new files, and they were exactly the
same. The rpm command should have fully replaced the old config file
without the extra noise.
---
I've seen that happen if the time/date stamp was not the same..
You don't have to change the comments.

But this is nothing done by systemd, unless Linda failed to explain
the case better, instead of ranting ;-)
----
Never said it was -- said sd supporters... taking out the knowledge
and/or means for people to do things the pre-sd way, isn't necessary
to convert to system -- only to remove the ability to do it any other way.

RANT RANT RANT!! :plplplbbbbbbbb: